Wednesday, March 2, 2016


The World is my Flower


I am not into Scrap-booking,  but a friend of mine showed me some Tim Holtz stamps to use on my Gelli plate, and I totally fell in love with them.
http://www.franticstamper.com/Stampers-Anonymous-Tim-Holtz--Cling-Rubber-Stamp-Set--Classics-17_p_105320.html



I wanted to incorporate these stamps with the use of a Zentangle  pattern.
I started off with a circle and the Butterfly stamp, then added the Official pattern Bales in the back round. I used the Prisma pencil on the outside of the circle and the butterfly


Shade from the outside of the circle inwards, and outwards from the butterfly line


I used a Tortillion ( rolled paper ) and a shading stump (pressed paper )


With a 6 B pencil make the little corners on the pattern darker. Shade softly from the graphite line to the middle, be careful not to make it too grey.


                                    To prevent smudging cover an area with a piece of paper to put your 
                                                        hand on while shading other parts


Shading finished with  6 B in corners


With 6B darken the outside of the wings and shade away from the body


I used a dark blue wax based colour pencil - Tombow- to outline the inside of the wings


Then added a green on top of the blue


I alternated between dark blue, light blue and green on the edges of the wings. Pressing hard on the line and lifting pressure as I moved towards the centre of the wing. Next to the body on one side I used an almost black pencil to show some contrast. Afterwards the colours were blended with a colourless blending pencil.


2 comments:

  1. Great idea to mix stamps and Zentangle. I love how it turned out. Leaves the door WIDE open to what other things can be done. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankie vir hierdie inspirerende "post"

    ReplyDelete